Upcoming HTSD BOE Public Meeting
Wednesday, July 21, 2021 - TelephonicVideo Meeting Notice With Video
BOARD MEETING NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN - The Hamilton Township Board of Education will be meeting on Wednesday, July 21, 2021 which will convene at 5:30 PM for the purposes of going into Executive Session to discuss the following: Human Resources Matter(s), Negotiation(s), and Matter(s) Falling Under the Attorney-Client Privilege. Formal Action may be taken. The Public may access the agenda and attachments at www.htsdnj.org, click on School Board, then Board Docs Public. The agenda will be made available 3 days prior to the scheduled meeting. To comply with the recent guidance from the Governor with respect to public gatherings, the Hamilton Township Board of Education announces an open public meeting to be held via a Zoom Meeting on Wednesday, June 21, 2021, at 5:30 PM to be immediately followed by Executive Session and to reconvene in public for their Regular Session at or about 6:00 PM. To participate, join the Zoom Meeting via the following link address; https://hamilton-k12-nj-us.zoom.us/j/81479609718?pwd=SE5SZ3hvRzl3b0NRS3NJNkNnQlFmdz09 or join by phone; Phone#+ 1 929 205 6099, Meeting ID: 814 7960 9718, Passcode: 156134. The Board requests that public participants mute their phones during the non-public portion of the meeting.
Public Comment Procedures and Requirements per N.J.A.C. 5:39-1.4:
- Public questions and comments may be made in advance of the meeting by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions must be submitted by 12:00 PM on the day of the meeting to be included and read aloud during Public input. Questions submitted after 12:00 PM the day of the meeting will not be read aloud or included in the Public input sections of the agenda.
- Public questions and comments may also be submitted "in written letter form" to the Board Secretary, 90 Park Avenue, Hamilton, NJ 08690. Mail must be received by 12:00 PM the day of the meeting to be included and read aloud during Public input sections of the agenda.
- Public questions and comments may also be made during the meeting using the telephone number provided or via the web platform.
- Public Comment Procedures: The board will take public comment during the Public Input sections of the meeting agenda. Public comments submitted electronically via email or in "written letter form", known as "Advance comments", will be read aloud during the appropriate Public Input session as determined by the presiding official. The presiding official shall also provide an opportunity for remote participation during the Public Input sessions for attendees accessing the meeting via telephone or the web platform. If the meeting is a hybrid meeting with remote and in-person attendance, the board will also provide for in-person comment.
- Procedure Discretion: The presiding officer has the discretion, upon reviewing the comments, to reorder comment sequence and defer comments to the appropriate part of the agenda.
- Public Conduct: Public Conduct at meetings is governed by Bylaw 0167 and shall be supplemented by the following as per N.J.A.C. 5:39-1.4(h)(l-3). In the event a speaker engages in conduct described under Paragraph 6 of Bylaw 0167 that would call for intervention by the presiding officer, the presiding officer shall mute or continue muting, or direct appropriate staff to mute or continue muting, the disruptive member of the public and warn that continued disruption may result in their being prevented from speaking during the remote public meeting or removed from the remote public meeting.
A member of the public who continues to act in a disruptive manner after receiving an initial warning may be muted while other members of the public are allowed to proceed with their questions or comments. If time permits, the disruptive individual shall be allowed to speak after all other members of the public have been given the opportunity to make comments. Should the person remain disruptive, the individual may be muted or kept on mute for the remainder of the remote public meeting, or removed from the remote public meeting.
An Executive Session may follow if needed. Formal action may be taken.