Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Sociology Rutgers University Education and Teacher Certification TCNJ 2016 Governors Teacher Of the Year for Lalor School
Welcome to Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 School Year!
Welcome to Kindergarten at Lalor Elementary School! The school year is here! I am happy to be sharing it with you and your child. The first year of school is always exciting as we become familiar with friends and establish new routines. I hope that together we can help your child have a successful Kindergarten experience.
Please always feel free to email me at MDonnelly@htsdnj.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Here is the "scoop" for Kindergarten
Back to School Night DATE: To be Determined
Special Arts Weekly Schedule:
We will communicate by using your child’s Agenda, Homework Folder, the Seesaw Application, phone calls, and conferences throughout the year.
Information to keep in mind:
- Lunches: If you have not applied for Free or Reduced Lunches, I encourage you to do ASAP
- Water: Your child will need a small reusable water bottle. This need to be filled with water daily, brought to school and cleaned at home nightly. The water fountains will be only used for necessary refilling, if needed.
- Snack: We will have an Morning snack daily. Please pack a healthy snack with your child each day. The snack should be something they are able to open independently. No peanut/peanut butter products are allowed in Lalor’s classrooms for snack time. Your child's snack is to be placed separate their packed lunch. The children can get confused what is to be eaten with lunch and what is their Morning Snack. The front pocket of a backpack is a great spot.
- Behavior Plans: Please review the classroom rules with your child (this may be done at home). Please read the disciplinary procedures that will take place if a behavior issue occurs. If you have any questions, please reach out to me.
- Bookbags: No wheels. Regular size bookbag, no mini size. The students will be putting coats in their bookbag to store during the day.
We will work together throughout the year to ensure a successful year for your child. Let the fun-filled learning begin!