Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to our 7th Grade
English & Language Arts Class!
In our class, we will:
- read for pleasure and discover, or hone, our reading personalities
- continue to practice reading for information and analyzing others' writing as we read
- write for pleasure as we play with styles and authors' crafts
- write to tell a story, to inform, and to persuade
- communicate our ideas clearly with each other and actively listen to the ideas of others
- develop our vocabulary and grammar skills so our communication skills are taken seriously
- allow our peers to practice these skills in a safe and supportive environment and expect the same of them in return
- 50% Summative Grades
- 40% Formative Grades
- 10% Independent Practice Grades
Please visit your child’s Powerschool Portal to view ALL upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework.
Students will be given 1 WEEK to complete and submit a formative or summative assignment. Teachers will use their discretion about dropping points for late assignments. If not handed in for partial credit after one week, the assignment will receive a Zero.
Assignments that are not submitted on time will have a “0” place holder UNTIL the assignment is completed and submitted. Once a grade is placed, the Zero is removed.