Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to 8th Grade
Resource Room Math!
Here is some helfpul information for success this school year!
- BE PREPARED. Come to class daily with all of your math materials
- BE RESPECTFUL. To teachers and peers
- BE KIND. Treat others the way you want to be treated
- BE RESPONSIBLE. Put forth your best effort, complete your work, and participate
- Student’s will set up their math binder with divider tabs in class at the start of the year. It should come to class daily, and remain organized throughout the school year.
- Your math binder will be home to all important course curriculum including do nows, notes, homework, and study guides.
- Additional Resources: Use Clever to access our online Into Math program for further lesson materials.
- Homework is displayed on the board and in our Google Classroom daily!
- Homework assignments will be posted with due dates in Powerschool; Please check it!
- Homework is due the next day! Students will have one extra day to complete a homework assignment for 70% (C) credit. If not turned in at that point, it will be a zero for that assignment.
TESTS & QUIZZES
- You will complete a review, whether it is in class or for homework, before each quiz or test.
- You may make corrections on any test or quiz. Each corrected problem is worth +2 percentage points added to your score. It is your responsibility as the student to request a corrections sheet.
GRADING, district policy
- 50% Summative (Tests & Projects)
- 40% Formative (Quizzes & Projects)
- 10% Individual Practice (Homework)
Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view all upcoming due dates for assessments,projects, and homework.
~ HOPE: Hamilton Opens Pathways to Excellence ~