About Teacher App
Degrees and Certifications:
BS- Education/English Georgian Court University Masters -Educational Administration & Supervision Rider University
Mrs. Jennifer Boyer
My name is Mrs. Jennifer Boyer and I have been at Reynolds Middle School since 1998. I have taught 6th, 7th, and 8th grade and now I am currently teaching seventh grade ELA. I am also a resident of Hamilton Township and have two children.
My email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I believe that all children are unique and have something special that they can bring to their own education. I will help my students to express themselves and accept themselves for who they are, as well embrace the differences of others.
Every classroom has its own unique community; my role as a teacher will be to assist each child in developing their own potential and learning styles. I will incorporate different learning styles, as well as make the content relevant to the students' lives. I will incorporate hands-on learning, cooperative learning, projects, and individual work that engage and activate students' learning.
I expect that students will arrive to class on time, come prepared with their laptops charged, with a pen or pencil and keep their cell phones in a safe place, not to be used in class. If a student has a concern or question, I want them to be able to ask me in class, via email or before or after class. Parents and guardians are welcome to express concerns or reach out with questions. I look forward to getting to know my students.
COURSE OBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION:
- To read and comprehend all genres: stories, novels, poetry and nonfiction
- To understand and use academic vocabulary, isolated vocabulary and vocabulary in the context of the text
- To use grammar correctly in order to write coherent essays, reading responses, and projects
- To participate in class discussions
- To learn how to write coherent, well-constructed essays
- To learn how to collaborate with classmates to develop projects/essays
- To learn how to peer edit and give constructive criticism to improve writing
PLEASE VISIT YOUR CHILD'S POWERSCHOOL PORTAL TO VIEW ALL UPCOMING DUE DATES FOR ASSESSMENTS, PROJECTS, AND HOMEWORK.
10% INDIVIDUAL PRACTICE
1. Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view ALL upcoming due dates for assessments, projects and homework.
2. Students will be given 1 WEEK to complete and submit an assignment. After one week, the assignment will be worth Half Credit. If not handed in for half credit, the assignment will receive a Zero.
3. Assignments that are not submitted on time will have a "0" place holder until the assignment is completed and submitted. Once a grade is placed, the Zero is removed.