Degrees and Certifications:
8th Grade Math
Always choose COURAGE over comfort. We got this!
- BE PREPARED. Come to class daily with all of your math materials
- BE RESPECTFUL. To teachers and peers
- BE KIND. Treat others the way you want to be treated
- BE RESPONSIBLE. Put forth your best effort, complete your work, and participate
- Student’s will set up their math binder with divider tabs in class at the start of the year. It should come to class daily, and remain organized throughout the school year.
- Your math binder will be home to all important course curriculum including; Do Nows, Notes, Homework, and Study Guides
- Additional resources: Use Clever to access our online Into Math program for further lesson materials.
- Homework is displayed on the board daily and in Google Classroom.
- Homework assignments will be posted with due dates in Powerschool; Please check it!
- Homework is due the next day!
Please check your important links document for the schedule.
1) Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal and Google Classroom to view ALL upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework.
2) Students will be given 1 WEEK to complete and submit a formative or summative assignment. Teachers will use their discretion about dropping points for late assignments. If not handed in for partial credit after one week, the assignment will receive a Zero.
3) Assignments that are not submitted on time will have a “0” place holder UNTIL the assignment is completed and submitted. Once a grade is placed, the Zero is removed.
Summative Assessments: 50% (tests, projects)
Formative Assessments: 40% (quizzes, mini labs)
Independent Practice: 10% (class work, homework)
Hamilton Opens Pathways to Excellence