Degrees and Certifications:
¡Bienvenidos a la clase de español con la Señora Goodarz! email@example.com
I would like to welcome all of my students to this new school year, 2022-2023. I teach all 3 grade levels (6,7,& 8), and look forward to a positive language learning experience. I believe that as a school community, when we work together, student, teacher, administration, and family, we promote success. As a global community, the demand for language skills continues to grow, and learning Spanish (or any foreign language) can help us become globally cultured, diversity-sensitive individuals, ready to thrive in today's increasingly interdependent community.
The most important things needed in this class are:
- a 1 inch binder
- ear phones (buds) for asynchronous learning
- a positive attitude
- a sense of humor
The most important things to remember in this class are:
- you are here to learn and I am here to help you!
- you should not and must not use/rely on Google Translate! It is actually a form of plagiarism!!!
- you will make mistakes, it is OK to make mistakes, and you will learn from your mistakes!
- we must practice respect for all
***Spanish 6 & 7 are introductory, semester courses and will meet on a Day 1/ Day 2 schedule
- focus is on simple introductions and greetings, calendar work, weather, personal characteristics, colors and numbers.
- daily review of vocabulary is necessary
- move from isolated vocabulary to using functional chunks of material
***Spanish I (8th grade) is a full year, high school level course, with a focus on increasing our communication skills
- the student will continue to broaden their vocabulary base, and will dive into grammatical constructions in order to use the language in complete sentences
Please note our district's grading policy:
Summatives - 50%
Formatives - 40%
Individual Practice - 10%
Please refer to my email above, should you ever need to contact me.
Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view all upcoming
due dates for assessments, projects and homework!
Hamilton Opens Pathways to Excellence