Mrs. Palmeri ~ 6th Grade ELA
50% Summative Grades
40% Formative Grades
10% Independent Practice Grades
In our class, we will:
- read for pleasure and discover, or hone, our reading personalities
- continue to practice reading for information and analyzing others' writing as we read
- write for pleasure as we play with styles and authors' crafts
- write to tell a story, to inform, and to persuade
- communicate our ideas clearly with each other and actively listen to the ideas of others
- develop our vocabulary and grammar skills so our communication skills are taken seriously
- allow our peers to practice these skills in a safe and supportive environment and expect the same of them in return
Please visit your child’s PowerSchool portal to view all upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework.
Students will be given 1 week to complete and submit a formative or summative assignment. Teachers will use their discretion about dropping points for late assignments. If not handed in for partial credit after one week, the assignment will receive a zero.
Assignments that are not submitted on time will have a “0” placeholder until the assignment is completed and submitted. Once a grade is placed, zero will be removed.
Please visit your child's PowerSchool portal to view all upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework.