Welcome to 8th Grade Math!
- Hello and welcome to 8th grade math class! 🖐
- The best way to reach me is by email at email@example.com. You should expect a response within 24 hours during the week and on Monday morning if your email is sent on the weekend.
- This is my fourth year at Reynolds and I am looking forward to getting to know you this year where together we will talk about how math affects us and how we use math in everyday life.
- I expect math learners to be prepared with a binder, paper, pencil/eraser and a "can-do" attitude.
ATTENTION Parents/Guardians: Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view all upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework.
The district grading policy will be followed:
Summative: 50% tests and projects
Formative: 40% quizzes, math center activities
Individual Practice: 10% homework, class participation, summer work
This year we will cover the following topics:
- Transformations ~ translations, reflections, rotations and dilations
- Linear Equations and Their Applications
- Angle Relationships
- Understanding and Analyzing Functions and Their Relationships
- Statistics and Probability
- Pythagorean Theorem and its Application
- Exponents and Scientific Notation