Welcome to Miss Hansen's Class!
8th Grade Math:
I will be teaching with Mrs. McWalters as the In-Class Support teacher for Period 2/3.
This year we will cover the following topics:
- Transformations: Translations, Reflections, Rotations and Dilations
- Linear Equations and Their Applications
- Angle Relationships
- Understanding and Analyzing Functions and Their Relationships
- Statistics and Probability
- Pythagorean Theorem and its Application
- Exponents and Scientific Notation
Students in the Study Support class are responsible for bringing the necessary materials to class each day. Students will use the period to complete any missing or upcoming assignments. A checklist and reminders will be given when students are missing work.
District Grading Protocol:
Summative – 50%
Formative – 40%
Individual Practice – 10%
Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view all upcoming due dates for assessments, projects and homework.